1. LeBron’s middle name is Raymone
2. James was born to his mother, Gloria, when she was only 16
3. The love for the game started when he lived with a youth football coach by the name of Frank Walker. Frank exposed him to the game at the age of 9 years old
4. Also having a talent in football and playing in his sophomore and rookie years, there has been a lot of speculation that if he continued he could have pursued a career in the NFL!
5. The first time King James played for the national team was in 2004, and believe it or not, he barely got any playing time. He averaged just under 15 minutes a game over a span of 8 games. U.S. ended up winning bronze. Maybe they should of played the King more?
6. Other nicknames for LeBron besides “King James” are “The L-Train” and the “Akron Hammer”
7. The Akron Hammer is the youngest player to ever reach the feat of 25,000 career points
8. A very underrated arsenal of his game is his passing. Grantland’s Zach Lowe called him “one of the greatest passers ever”, and if you watched the 2016 NBA Finals it should be fairly obvious that he knows how to share the rock
9. James is married to his highschool sweetheart, Savannah Brinson, who he proposed to on December 31st 2011. If he did it one day earlier it would of been on his birthday!
10. Back in 2015, LeBron announced a partnership with the University of Akron that would provide scholarships for as many as 2,300 children beginning in 2021. What a way to give back to his hometown.